Sunday, April 23, 2006


"Today has been so Great!", we exclaim on days when things happen in our favour. SENTIMENTS... Are they really stupid?
Some (teenagers in particular), on the mere mention of this word, run miles away as though it is a subject of the oldies.



Let me say something about my stupid sentiment, that I had till a few years ago...

I was born on 4th of May and so I had (still do have) a great affinity towards that number. I do not know why, but I like even numbers more than the odd numbers right from my childhood. Sometime in my early teens, I heard some bloody astrologer saying that the numbers '3' and '8' were unlucky for me. Slowly my affinity domain of numbers started dropping the number '8' and it became one of the most detestable things to me. Wherever I see numbers - in my hall ticket, my exam numbers, my rank in the class, bus I travel, I started summing the digits and if the sum comes to '3' or '8', I used to think that things were unlucky. In all my Matriculation classes, I used four dots for an ellipsis, though I knew it had only three. On the mere notice of '3' or '8', all great days become bad, irrespective of wharever good happens that day. Somehow, I'm now out of this. When I lookback, I really find this a little stupid, but after all I was a little boy, not that good at reasoning. It happens...

Somehow, I developed "All things bright and beautiful" perspective . Now, most of the things look good to me. Thank God!


2 comments:

Prashanth said...

nee kaetu kaetu kette kaedikku onaku kate winslet madhiri oru pose thaevaiya?

JayaChithra Subramanian said...

hey..i jus wantd to write somethin bout tis n u had written..yup..even i feel sentiments work out..lucky day lucky dress lucky color.. if its true or not it seems to work out in one way or othr.. n to tel u the truth "8" is my unluckiest no too...